Massage therapy is the manipulation of the soft tissue and is intended to promote flexibility, mobility, to get relief from symptoms, to heal injuries, and to promote overall wellness.
Massage extends thousands of years into our past. Massage has been practiced for thousands of years in many ancient civilizations including China, India, Japan, Korea, Egypt, Rome, Greece, and Mesopotamia, according to archaeological research and evidence.
Many people today recognize the health benefits of massage therapy today. When you need a massage, or if you just want one, you can choose from many massage therapy styles with a wide variety of pressures, tissue mobilization, and movement techniques.
These all involve pressing, rubbing, or manipulating muscles and other soft tissues with hands, fingers, sometimes, forearms, elbows are used to promote flexibility, mobility, to get relief from medical symptoms, to help with healing processes of chronic injuries, and to promote overall well-being.
Massage Therapy Health Benefits:
- Boost immunity
- Relieve and Reduce Muscle Tension
- Fast Stress Relieve
- Lower blood pressure
- Promote Relaxation
- Reducing Anxiety
- Managing Low Back Pain
- Help Chronic Neck Pain
- Healing of Neck/Shoulder Strain
- Enhance Exercise Performance
- Increase Range of Motion
- Prevents Sports-Related Injuries
- Relieve Tension Headaches
- Decreased Migraine Frequency
- Relieve Lockjaw/TMJ
- Health Skin Benefits
- Increase Circulation Blood /Lymph
- Improve Brain/Nervous System Health
- Sleep Better and Deeper
- Ease Symptoms of Depression
- Improve Cardiovascular Health
- Reduce Pain of Osteoarthritis
- Decrease Stress in Cancer patients
- Improve balance in Older Adults
- Decrease Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain
- Help Fibromyalgia Pain
- Relieve Postoperative Pain
- Temper facts of dementia
- Decrease Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Massage Therapy Techniques
- Clinical Massage
- Qigong Massage
- Shiatsu Massage
- Somatic Massage
- Swedish Massage
- Prenatal Massage
- Couples Massages
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Neuromuscular Massage
- Onsite Corporate Chair Massage
Some of the Massage Techniques that we offer:
- Swedish SPA Massage: Combination of Swedish and Relaxation Massage Techniques, to relax the body and create feelings of well-being in the mind. Only available as 60 and 90-minute sessions.
- Athletic Sports Massage: for pre work out, post-event, for specific functional benefits, deep-relaxation and soreness recovery. Only available as 60 and 90-minute sessions).
- Deep Tissue Massages: beneficial for accelerated sports injury healing, accident-related injuries rehabilitation for new or conic conditions. Only available 60 and 90-minute sessions.
- Neuromuscular Massage: Combination of light touch massage work and meditative techniques, to effectively release and manage mental/emotional stress. Only available as 60 and 90-minute sessions.
- Trigger Point Work/Shiatsu: Combination of soft tissue manipulations and myofascial release techniques, alternative to deep tissue, great for chronic issues. Only available as, 60 and 90-minute sessions.
- QiGong Massage: Combination of TCM massage techniques that help to free the meridians from tension and increase the flow of Qi/Chi, the neural energy of the body. Only available as 60 and 90-minute sessions.
- Couples Massages
- Guest Post: “Why switching to a Plant Based Diet can save more than just your health?” by Herbivore Chef Emily
- THE MISERY LOOP. 10 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO BREAK OUT OF THE MISERABLE LOOP OF STRESS, PRESSURE, TENSION, SPASMS, AND PAIN.
- How to deal with muscle soreness when the weather gets nicer?
- Deep Tissue Massage Therapy